Tuesday 2 December 2014

SPORTS - Yacine Brahimi Beats Enyeama to Win BBC African Footballer of the Year 2014



Yacine Brahimi, the 24 year old Algerian and Porto forward has been named 2014 BBC African Footballer of the Year.

Brahimi beats Vincent Enyeama, Gabonese Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Ivorian duo Gervinho and Yaya Toure to win the award.

Brahimi is the first Algerian to win the award. The happy player told BBC Sport that;
“It’s a big honour for me to receive this wonderful trophy. I owe it to my country, Algeria, and to all the people who voted for me.

It’s also a trophy for the whole of Africa, because it rewards an African player. So I am really very happy.This trophy is going to give me more strength, more desire to work, to get better, to learn so that I can keep having great performances,”
banner
Previous Post
Next Post

Search This Blog

TWITTER