Wednesday 25 February 2015

Bornu Pastor Insists CAN Received N7bn Bribe, Reveals More

Another drama has unfolded as Kallamu Musa-Dikwa, the Bornu-based pastor who alleged that the Christians Association of Nigeria (CAN) got a bribe has revealed more.

Punch reports that the Borno State-based pastor who few days ago had accused the CAN of collecting N7bn bribe from President Goodluck Jonathan to campaign against the All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate in the March 28 election, has come out to insist that he knows what he is saying and that the CAN collected the said amount.


Recall that Kallamu Musa-Dikwa came out with his own version of the alleged N7m bribe following the allegation by Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, that President Goodluck Jonathan gave pastors across the country N6bn to vote against the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), in the presidential election.

Insisting that he is sure of what he said, Kallamu Musa-Dikwa who was an Associate Pastor with the E. Y. N. Church (Enklesiyan Yan’uwan A Nijeriya) Farm Centre, Dikwa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State, under Rev. Emmanuel Kwajihe between 2002-2004, said  the Christians body got N7bn on January 26, 2015 and disbursed N3m each to state chairmen of the CAN across the country. He also made it known that the CAN had started threatening Christians in Borno that they must re-elect President Jonathan in the rescheduled election.

This was the beginning of our disagreement with the national body of CAN,” he said. 
 
On the alleged N7bn bribe money, Musa-Dikwa, who played a recorded audio of someone confirming that CAN had collected the money before members of the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Kaduna Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists in Kaduna on Tuesday, said that when Amaechi first accused the clerics of collecting bribe to campaign against the Buhari candidacy, “I text (message) to the leadership of the CAN to repent or be exposed.” He said since he opened the can of worms, he had received several threat messages from yet-to-be identified persons, who claimed that “I am against Christians and working for the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate.”

He also added that since the revelation, many of the CAN leaders had called him to confirm that the allegation was true and that they indeed collected the money (N7bn) and disbursed N3m to the state CAN in the 36 states of the Federation. He said an insider within CAN confirmed to him that the money was collected on January 26, 2015. He said, “There was no newspaper or news coverage of the disbursement of the N7bn to CAN. A national officer of CAN confirmed to me that CAN received the money and disbursed N3m to each state CAN.

“I sent text messages to the CAN leadership, asking them to repent otherwise I will expose them. Nobody replied me. That is why I decided to open up. Some people say that I am working for Buhari. It is not true. I am not working for anybody. It is not today that I started writing on Boko Haram. I stand for the truth. Boko Haram affects everyone, Christians and Muslims.”

“I am not working for anybody. I am standing for the truth. I am standing for righteousness and for my people, whether Christians or Muslims. “I have always said that both President Goodluck Jonathan and Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd) are not good for Nigeria. I am praying and I am always telling the people that God will stop them (Jonathan and Buhari).”

banner
Previous Post
Next Post

Search This Blog

TWITTER