Tuesday 24 June 2014

My husband threatening me with divorce, wife tells court

A housewife, Alimat Toheeb, on Tuesday  prayed an Ilorin Area court to dissolve her five-year-old marriage to her husband, Mubarak, over her husband’s threat to divorce her.

The 35-year-old woman and  resident of Niger Area, Ilorin, told the court that her husband often threatened her with  divorce.

“My husband  threatens to divorce me whenever there is a misunderstanding between us,” she said.
She cited an instance when her husband sent her out of the house at about  10 p.m. as a result of an argument  on March 4.

According to her, their marriage was contracted in 2009 and produced one male child.
“My lord, I want an end to this marriage because I can no longer tolerate  my husband’s constant threat of divorce as my future cannot be guaranteed with him,” she said.

The defendant, however,  objected to the prayer of his wife,  saying he  was still interested in the marriage.

“My wife always goes against my orders in the house  and that is the reason for my threats.
“ But I promise to stop threatening her with divorce  henceforth,” he said.

The defendant prayed  for an adjournment to enable  him to make a reconciliatory move.
The presiding judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to July 22 for a report of settlement or continuation of hearing. (NAN)
banner
Previous Post
Next Post

Search This Blog

TWITTER