Friday 24 July 2015

[EPL] - Why I Want To Spend Two More Seasons At Chelsea - Mikel Debunks Exit Rumours


John Mikel Obi, has stated that he is willing to remain at Chelsea till the end of his contract in 2017.
Chelsea midfielder and Super Eagles star, John Mikel Obi, in a new interview with his club's website during their pre-season games in the United States, has stated that he is willing to remain at Chelsea till the end of his contract in 2017.

After captain John Terry, Mikel is now the second-longest serving player at Stamford Bridge, and it is something Jose Mourinho has noted on this pre-season trip, pointing out the pair are now the only players who bridge the gap between his trophy-laden first and second spells as Chelsea manager.

Mourinho knows having a serial winner like Mikel around can only be beneficial, another reason why any rumours linking Mikel with a move away from west London can be dismissed.

‘I want to stay and the manager wants me to stay. I’ve got two years [on my contract] here and I’m happy.

I like to be somewhere where I have developed friends and family. It’s like my family here and every day I come to work it is like coming in to see my family. I know all the players and all the staff so it’s going to be a hard place to leave when my contract runs out but let’s see what happens. I want to see out my two years.’

This is Mikel’s 10th pre-season at Chelsea, since he joined the club in 2006.
banner
Previous Post
Next Post

Search This Blog

TWITTER