Friday 24 February 2017

I don’t have $900 million dollars – John Mahama

Former President of Ghana, John Dramani Mahama has rubbished report that he is worth over 900 million dollars.
“900 million dollars? I wish… Never, [I am] nowhere near [that] and in Ghana there is an asset declaration regime, where you declare your assets when you go into office…and I have declared my assets. I am absolutely nowhere near that,” he said.
“I am not anywhere near even 2 million dollars to talk about 900 million dollars. Often my brother is confused with me. My brother is a businessman. He has his assets and I have no interest in his business and I don’t own shares in his business,” he said.
“I am a farmer, I have published a book and I have earned royalties from my book and I earn from my farm and that is it, I live a very modest life.”
The former president was speaking to Power 98.7 FM in South Africa. He is in the country to receive the African Leaders Magazine’s African Political Leader of the Year Award.

banner
Previous Post
Next Post

Search This Blog

TWITTER